Thomas G Wells Construction’s Core Commitment to Sustainable Practices
Thomas G Wells Construction, LLC is a leader in the Remodeling Industry
in its commitment to Sustainable and Green building practices and education.
Here are a number of the practices we are most proud of:
- We encourage homeowners and
other Contractors to incorporate recycling and energy-saving techniques
in their daily lives and renovation projects.
- We give seminars and talks to local groups that empower them
about Sustainability and Aging in Place.
- Wind power produces 72% of the electricity we purchase from
- We donate building materials which we remove from our client’s
homes to non-profit organizations in the Philadelphia area. (Our
clients get a tax deduction for the donated goods.) On a typical
job we will donate kitchen cabinets, counter tops, lighting fixtures,
faucets, sinks, flooring, moldings, and prehung doors.
- We recycle up to 80% of the demolition debris we generate on
our job sites. These materials include new drywall scraps, lumber,
concrete products, all metals, all cardboard, paper, plastic, drywall
spackle containers, and appliances and electronic equipment.
- We incorporate “clean job site” procedures and attitudes to
keep dust and debris to a minimum. We clean up on an hourly basis
rather than only at the end of the day or week. We are aware
of the new Federal Standards for Lead.
- We offer or incorporate Green building materials including low
VOC (volatile organic compounds) products in all of our jobs. These
include low VOC paints and adhesives, Bamboo cabinetry, Icestone
counter tops, low flow faucets and shower heads, dual flush toilets,
water based polyurethane floor finishing, Energy Star appliances,
FSC certified wood products, and bio-based spray foam insulation,
to name a few.
- We offer Energy Audits to all of our clients and
encourage them to look at their home as a system of many parts.
We consider the whole house when looking at a project.
- We are committed to building practices which have the least negative
impact on the environment and ensure energy efficiency in every
job we do.